TERMS OF SERVICE
These Terms of Service are relevant to NONCOMMERCIAL projects only and are subject to revising, editing, and additions without notice. These policies are based from some parts of the most recent edition of the "Graphic Artists Guild Handbook: Pricing & Ethical Guidelines" book, which have been referred to me by another artist.
1) Displayed base prices are subject to change according to the complexity, difficulty, size and medium of each individual piece.
2) Clear and concise visual references and/or description of characters must be provided by the Client.
3) Payments for "WING-IT" type commissions must be made up front in full before preliminary work begins. Payment plans are available for Regular commissions above $100USD. The Client must pay a full up front deposit of $100 for commissions over $100. The client is allowed to pay off the $100 deposit in smaller deposits first and then negotiate a payment plan from then on.The Artist will only do the amount of work that has been paid for and the commission will NOT be completed until full payment is made.
4) If the artwork is finished before final payments are made, the Client will not receive the original paint/drawing or un-watermarked digital image of the commission until final payments are made.
5) Clients will have the opportunity to direct alterations of their commissions in the sketch and rough colour stages of the "SPECIFIC" option. No more than three full sketch revisions (or equal in terms of small alterations) will be made unless the Client wishes to pay for extra sketch revisions (at $40 per full sketch). Extra fixes as per the Artists mistake will be fixed on completion.
6) Critique and corrections for "SPECIFIC" commissions are welcome to ensure the best result. Commissions under said price are considered as small works, and thus time revising sketches is NOT factored into the price. Any mistakes made by the artist on any commission will be corrected free of charge.
7) The Artist reserves the right to reject critique pertaining to artistic skill or style preference (i.e. anatomy, coloring style, etc.) if said critique reduces the artistic quality of the piece.
8) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission during the sketch stage they will be refunded 80% of what they paid.
9) If the Client wishes to cancel their commission mid-painting a refund amount will be negotiated based on the amount of work completed.
10) The Artist reserves the right to issue a refund and cancel a commission due to poor communication, rude or inappropriate behavior, inability to communicate in effective English OR if the artist chooses to due to certain circumstances such as injury, sickness or other grievances.
11) The Artist ensures the Client will receive email/private message updates on commissions when necessary. Clients are encouraged to check in when they feel it's necessary for updates, assurance or reminders. Public updates will also be made via the Artists schedule page on NairasIllustrations.com.
12) The Artist will not handle depiction of illegal activities, offensive sexually explicit (x-rated) materials and hateful images. Explicit, fetish, artistic nudity, violence, gore, and humorously offensive work will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The Artist reserves the right to reject any commission for any reason.
13) The Artist retains the right to display all commissioned work on any website, gallery, or journal. If the commissioned work is a time-sensitive gift the Artist may delay public showcase at the request of the Client.
14) The Artist retains ALL the rights to the commissioned artwork, including the right to make prints and merchandise. Rights can be negotiated for an added fee. The Artist agrees to ask before selling and be considerate to the Clients wishes.
15) The Client may NOT make prints of the artwork for resale, or profit from the artwork beyond the resale of a physical original painting or drawing (traditional media, not digital). The Client may resize or crop the artwork to create icons, wallpapers, or other graphics to be used in non-commercial digital format, but the Client cannot alter the artwork itself. The Client may also upload the watermarked version provided by the Artist of the artwork to their personal website or gallery, but credit is required, and it must not be any high resolution or unwatermarked version of the artwork. The Client may make prints for personal use. Written and signed Permission is required by rhe Artist if the Client wishes to print onto anything other than paper or canvas, such as t-shirts, phone cases or other such items.
16) The Artist may recycle sketches and preparatory works that were rejected by the Commissioner for other commissions or personal works.
17) The Client must be of legal age to commission the Artist. For G rated images the Client must be at least 15 years of age. For any image mature in nature, for example artistic nudity or violence, the Client must be at least 18 years of age.
18) The Client must read, understand and agree to all the above terms before entering into an agreement with the Artist. By sending the commission form and payment, the Client agrees to the above terms.